We all rely on our electronic devices to save photographs as digital photos have mostly replaced printed photographs. However, there’s some risk involved with having only digital copies of photographs. If your computer crashes, your phone dies, or your cloud-based backup fails, you might end up losing some of your most precious, irreplaceable memories.
Nobody wants that to happen.
One product that claims to offer an easy, affordable way to store all of your family photos quickly is The Photo Stick.
In this review, we’ll explain what it is, how it works, and who can use it. We’ll also reveal what customers have to say about it, look at the pros and cons of the product, and at the end, make a final recommendation about whether The Photo Stick is worth trying.
What is The Photo Stick?
The Photo Stick is a small, USB thumb drive that searches through your files, identifies your photographs, and instantly saves them. You don’t need any technical know-how to use The Photo Stick. Even if you know nothing about computers, you can save your family photographs using The Photo Stick.
The Photo Stick has comes in three sizes. Here they are:
- The smallest size has 8 GB of storage and can hold up to 3,500 photographs
- The medium size has 64 GB of storage and can hold up to 30,000 photographs
- The large size has 128 GB of storage and can hold up to 60,000 photographs
The largest size is significantly larger than the average thumb drive and specially designed to back up photographs, which can sometimes be large files. It’s ideal for avid photographers and families – anybody who has a large number of photographs to back up.
It’s a fast backup that can quickly copy your precious photographs in just minutes – and can then be used to create automatic backups each week, thus ensuring that you’ll never need to worry about losing your photographs to a computer crash or backup failure.
How Does The Photo Stick Work?
The Photo Stick uses simple plug-and-play technology to back up your photographs. Here’s how it works:
- You plug The Photo Stick into one of the USB ports on your computer or laptop.
- When prompted, hit the GO button to initiate the backup process.
- The Photo Stick searches through every file and directory on your computer and identifies photographs to be backed up.
- The Photo Stick eliminates duplicates to maximize your storage space.
- All identified photographs are backed up onto The Photo Stick in just minutes.
Once you have created your initial backup, you can use The Photo Stick to create updated backups each week. Because it can identify duplicates, you’ll only add new photographs with each additional backup. If you alter or edit photographs, you’ll want to save them under a new name to make sure that they get backed up properly.
Who Can Use The Photo Stick?
You don’t want to see the above image happen to your digital photos. Computer files can get corrupted, your computer can get a virus, possibly break down, get infected with malware or ransomware. Backing up your files is a must!
The Photo Stick is designed to be simple to use. People who are at ease using computers will still be impressed by the speed and efficiency of The Photo Stick. And, if you’re someone who’s not particularly comfortable with technology and computers, The Photo Stick has simple, plug-and-play technology that means you can use it too.
Even if you already back up your precious photographs onto the cloud or a traditional thumb drive, you can save time with The Photo Stick. Instead of spending time sorting through your files and folders to find the photos that you haven’t already saved, you can simply plug The Photo Stick into your computer and go do something else. The Photo Stick will sort through your files, pick out the photos, eliminate duplicates, and create a portable backup that you can take with you wherever you go.
What Makes The Photo Stick Different From Other Backup Methods?
Certainly, there is no shortage of backup methods you can use to save your photographs. You may already be using one of these:
- A typical, USB thumb drive that you bought online or in a store
- A cloud-based backup system
- Burnable discs
In theory, there’s nothing wrong with any of those methods. They all allow you to copy files onto them. However, there are some things that make The Photo Stick a better option for people who have a lot of photographs to preserve.
- The Photo Stick is specially designed to store your photographs safely and with a minimum of fuss.
- Instead of spending hours combing through your files and sorting through duplicates, you can let The Photo Stick do the work for you.
- The Photo Stick has plug-and-play technology, meaning that all you need to do is plug it into your computer and hit the Go button when prompted. No other backup method is that easy.
- The Photo Stick is greatly superior to disc storage because the largest size can hold up to 60,000 photographs.
- The Photo Stick can save a wide array of file types, including both photographs and videos. You can easily save JPG, PNG, GIF, MOV, and MPEG 4 file, as well as BMP, TIFF, and AVI files – and many more.
These things mean that The Photo Stick is unique, different from any other general backup system on the market. The fact that it is specifically meant to be used for photographs, plus the plug-and-play technology, make it a stand-out.
What Do You Get When You Order The Photo Stick?
You already know that The Photo Stick offers a unique, easy way to store your cherished photographs. Now let’s talk about what comes in the package when you order this product.
Unlike some of the products that are sold online, The Photo Stick is a simple product. There are no gimmicky extras designed to make you think that the product is worth more than the price being charged.
When you place your order, you’ll get The Photo Stick, which looks just like the regular USB thumb drives you can buy in the store. You’ll also get instructions on how to use it.
The Photo Stick comes with a guarantee, which we’ll talk more about in the price section of this review, below.
The Pros and Cons of The Photo Stick
No product is perfect. Even a product with stellar reviews can be disappointing in some regards – and in some cases, the disappointments can outweigh any benefits the product has to offer. With that in mind, let’s review the pros and cons of The Photo Stick as we see them, starting with the pros:
- The Photo Stick eliminates the guesswork from backing up your irreplaceable photographs, saving you the hassle of sorting through files on your computer.
- The Photo Stick will sort through your photograph and video files, eliminating duplicates to save you storage space. Identifying duplicates can take hours, so this is a real time-saver.
- The Photo Stick offers a massive amount of storage, especially if you buy the 128 GB size, and gives you the ability to store up to 60,000 photographs with ease.
- The Photo Stick requires no technical know-how to use. All you need to do is plug it into a USB drive on your computer, click GO, and let The Photo Stick do the rest.
- Considering how much time it saves, The Photo Stick is affordably priced.
Of course, there are a few potential cons to consider as well. Here they are:
- The Photo Stick will save your files with the same names that you have on your computer, but it will not sort them into folders. If organization is important to you, you may want to think about that before you order – or at least make sure that your photos have names that make them easy to identify.
- There are some online reviews that indicate that The Photo Stick might be better suited for use with a PC than a Mac. If you have a Mac, you should keep that in mind. (The company says it works with both, and they do have a guarantee.)
- The Photo Stick is suited for storing photographs, but you cannot print directly from it. Some customers have left reviews after taking The Photo Stick to a pharmacy or store to print photographs.
- The Photo Stick does not allow you to specify which photographs you want to save.
The bottom line here is that we think that, for most people, the pros outweigh the cons. If you want to be able to control how your files are organized, you may prefer other backup methods.
How Much Does The Photo Stick Cost?
By now, you’re probably wondering how much you’ll need to spend to buy The Photo Stick. As we mentioned earlier, The Photo Stick comes in small, medium, and large sizes. Here’s how the pricing breaks down:
- The small version of The Photo Stick, which has 8 GB of storage and can store up to 3,500 photographs, costs $29.99. That’s 25% off the original price.
- The medium version of The Photo Stick, which has 64 GB of storage and can store up to 30,000 photographs, costs $49.99. That’s 44% off the original price.
- The large version of The Photo Stick, which has 128 GB of storage and can store up to 60,000 photographs, costs $79.99. That’s 50% off the original price.
If you order the small or medium version of The Photo Stick, you’ll also pay shipping and handling charges. The large version comes with free shipping.
It’s also worth noting that The Photo Stick comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee. The guarantee begins on the shipping date. If you order The Photo Stick and it doesn’t work to your expectations, you can simply return it for a full refund.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that The Photo Stick is a useful product that is worth trying, especially for people who want to save time sorting through digital photographs or who want a quick, plug-and-play backup that doesn’t require any technical know-how to use. It may not be ideal for Mac users, but the 30-day money-back guarantee eliminates any risk associated with trying it.
To get The Photo Stick today, please click here now.