Have you ever had the experience of trying to get your car tires clean when they’re caked with mud and grime? Or despaired after fruitlessly scrubbing your patio furniture to remove dirt and pollen?
If these things are familiar to you, then you might be wondering if there’s a better way to clean those outdoor items.
One product that claims to have the answer is Brush Hero. It’s a simple product that’s been featured on Shark Tank and other television shows.
But the question is, does it work?
In this review, we’ll explain what Brush Hero is, how it works, and what it can clean. We’ll also review what customers have to say about it, check out the pros and cons, and at the end, make a final recommendation about whether Brush Hero is a product that’s worth trying.
What is Brush Hero?
Brush Hero is a small, rubber attachment that screws on to the nozzle of your garden hose. It’s designed to fit all standard garden hoses. The company says that as long as you’re not using a fire hose to water your plants, Brush Hero will fit your hose.
The working end of Brush Hero is, as you might have guessed, a brush. Using the power of the running water from your hose, Brush Hero rotates steadily, easily removing dirt, mud, pollen, and other unsightly substances from your car – or whatever you want to use it on.
How Does Brush Hero Work?
Brush Hero works by harnessing the power of running water from your hose. You will not need batteries or electricity to operate Brush Hero. Instead, simply attach it to your hose and turn on the water.
Brush Hero’s brush (and it comes with two – we’ll talk more about those later) rotates slowly and steadily, easily removing dirt, grime, moss, pollen, and other substances from the items you want to clean. The slow and steady action means that it won’t fling dirt all over you as you use it, and it can even get into the nooks and crannies of ornate garden furniture. Here’s what the manufacturer has to say about Brush Hero’s slow spinning:
If Brush Hero spun really fast, it would only graze over caked-on dirt, grease, moss, and muck while also spraying and flinging dirty, mucky water all over you and your surroundings – yuck. The brush is designed to spin slow and steady to maximize its scrubbing power.
The makers of Brush Hero designed it to be used on a wide array of outdoor items. All you need is a hose and Brush Hero, and you can start cleaning.
What Can Brush Hero Clean?
Brush Hero has been designed to be used on just about anything in your yard or driveway. Because it uses the power of your hose to clean, the only real limitation is how long a hose you have. Here’s a list of what the product can clean, according to the manufacturer:
- Car wheels
- Lawn mowers
- Barbecues and grills
- Lawn furniture (including wicker!)
- Pool tiles
Brush Hero’s gentle brush, which we’ll talk more about later, is even gentle enough to clean your dog or a small, messy child. That’s because even the tough brush has been especially designed to be tough on dirt and gentle on surfaces.
If you’re unsure about whether Brush Hero is safe to use on a surface, then you may want to default to the gentle brush to start out. The slow, steady movement of the brush makes it possible for Brush Hero to clean even delicate items and get the dirt out of every crevice.
How Much Water Does Brush Hero Use?
One of the things we wondered as soon as we heard about Brush Hero was, “How much water does this product use?” Water conservation is an important issue everywhere in the world, and in certain dry climates – like the American Southwest – it’s a daily concern.
The good news here is that Brush Hero has been designed with water conservation in mind. Even at full power, Brush Hero uses only about 50% of the water of a standard garden hose. Knowing that can help you adhere to your local watering limitations and guidelines.
Even better, Brush Hero has three settings:
- ON – on this setting, the water is flowing freely and Brush Hero will use 50% as much water as a hose.
- PARTIAL – on this setting, Brush Hero uses decreased water flow and can be used to clean delicate surfaces or smaller items.
- OFF – on this setting, Brush Hero is still attached to your hose but not using any water. You can also use this setting as a PAUSE if you need a break from cleaning.
As you can see, Brush Hero is not a water-wasting device. The manufacturers understand that water use must be kept to a minimum and have designed their product accordingly.
It’s also worth noting here that you’ll probably use the most water with Brush Hero on your first use. Once you’ve cleaned the heavy grime from your car tires, grill, or patio furniture, regular cleanings with Brush Hero will prevent heavy build-up and decrease the amount of water you use to clean.
What Will You Get When You Order Brush Hero?
Now, let’s talk about what comes in the package when you order Brush Hero. This is not a product with a lot of bells and whistles. Brush Hero is sold as a set, and each set contains:
- One Brush Hero cleaning tool (this is the part that screws on to your hose)
- One Soft Brush Head for simple cleans
- One Firm Brush Head for tough cleans
- Instructions for use
Later on, we’ll talk about how much Brush Hero costs and what protections and guarantees the company offers.
A lot of products that are sold online come with an array of bonus items – and sometimes, they’re designed to fool you into paying more than the product is worth. That’s not the case with Brush Hero. All you’ll get is the complete Brush Hero set (or more than one if that’s what you order.) There are no gimmicks here.
What Do Customers Say About Brush Hero?
One of the best ways to know if Brush Hero delivers on its promise to clean everything from car tires to shoes without scratching them or wasting water is to read some customer reviews. Here’s what some other customers had to say about this product:
This is such a versatile tool! You can clean a lot of items with it: shoes, wheels, anywhere with nooks and crannies. I love the water shut off capability as it saves a lot of water and friendly for the environment. Overall amazing product, highly recommend! – Mallory
Instead of dragging out the pressure washer to clean some wooden chairs, I used the Brush Hero. It was so much easier and it didn’t tear up the wood like the pressure washer had in the past. I was impressed with the amount of torque it generated. It easily powered through the dirt build up. The construction is very solid. – Alan R.
This product is amazing. The brush is easy to install and use, and the slow speed makes all the difference. I’d figured that high speed would be better, but I was wrong. The brush cleans with strong, steady torque which works efficiently cuts through all the baked on muck that I needed to get off. I’ve used it on car wheels, bikes and patio furniture. I also love that there are no moving parts to break. It should last a long time. – David N.
As you can see, people who have tried Brush Hero love its simplicity and effectiveness. There’s no confusion involved with using it, the construction is steady, and it can clean just about anything without damaging your valuable belongings.
Pros and Cons of Brush Hero
Every product on the market has things that it does well – or even perfectly – and things that could be better. In this section, we’ll reveal the pros and cons of Brush Hero as we see them, so you can make an informed decision about whether to buy it. Let’s start with the pros:
- Brush Hero is a simple and sturdy product that’s well-constructed and designed to last. Customers have noted that it has no moving parts to break, and that means that your Brush Hero will likely last for years with proper use.
- Brush Hero is designed with water conservation in mind, and it uses only about half the water of a free flowing garden hose. That means that it’s safe to use in a water shortage as long as you don’t overdo it. And, as we noted above, once the heavy grime is off, future uses are likely to be much shorter.
- Brush Hero can clean a wide array of outdoor items from pool tiles to gutters to valuable patio furniture. It’s also gentle enough to be used on delicate items, and even pets and small children.
- Brush Hero is affordable and can save you money on your water bill because you’ll spend less time cleaning your car tires, patio furniture, and grill.
- Brush Hero is simple to use.
- The manufacturer provides excellent customer service.
Of course, there are a few potential downsides to consider as well. Here they are:
- Brush Hero uses less water than a hose, but it still uses water. If you live in a place where water use is strictly curtailed, you may need to be very cautious with how much you use Brush Hero to ensure that you’re not breaking the laws in your area.
- If it’s not properly screwed on to your hose, you may experience leakage. It’s very important to read the instructions and attach Brush Hero properly before you turn on the water.
- The slow spinning of Brush Hero takes some getting used to – at first, it may not seem that it’s doing much, but if you keep at it, you’ll see the results you want.
Our take on this is that the pros of Brush Hero outweigh the cons. Provided that you take your time attaching it and you don’t live in an area where water use is harshly curtailed, Brush Hero can help you clean your car and other items around your home.
How Much Does Brush Hero Cost?
By now, you are probably asking yourself how much Brush Hero costs. You might expect to pay a significant amount to get a product that can clean so many of your belongings, but we were actually pleasantly surprised by the price.
As we said before, Brush Hero comes as a kit with the main attachment and two brushes. There are discounts available if you buy more than one kit, which means that it may be a good idea to buy several and give the extras away as gifts. Here’s how the pricing works:
- One Brush Hero set costs $36 plus shipping and handling
- Two Brush Hero sets cost $54 (that’s buy one, get one 50% off) with free shipping in the United States
- Three Brush Hero sets cost $72 (that’s buy two, get one free) with free shipping in the United States
You should also know that the makers of Brush Hero offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try the product for a month and return it if you’re not satisfied. They also offer a one year warranty on all parts. There’s virtually no risk involved with trying Brush Hero.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that Brush Hero is a simple and effective product that’s worth trying. Its affordable price and versatility can save you time and frustration when cleaning your car, patio furniture, and other outdoor items.
To order Brush Hero and check it out for yourself, please click here now.